Do’s And Don’ts Of Auto Accident Claims
When you have been injured in an automobile accident, or any other kind of accident, you should be aware of the following:
- DO get the treatment you need. Make a list of the medical providers who have treated you for the injuries received in the automobile accident at each appointment. Have the doctor write down all your symptoms to help document your injuries.
- DO keep your appointments with your doctors. Their cooperation can affect your claim. Failure to keep appointments may also be viewed by insurance adjusters as an indication that your condition is not serious.
- DO contact your insurance company immediately to report the accident.
- DO ask the doctor for a written excuse if your injuries require that you miss time from work.
- DO keep a copy of your prescription receipts. These are reimbursable medical expenses.
- DO take pictures of your vehicle and the scene of the accident.
- DO keep a record of your mileage to and from your doctor appointments. It is also reimbursable.
- DO speak with an attorney who will defend your rights as soon as possible.
- DON’T forget to take photographs of the injuries you may have as soon as possible.
- DON’T settle until you are released from your medical provider and are feeling well. The insurance company may try to convince you to settle within a few days of the accident. Even if you do not have legal representation, DO NOT SETTLE.
For further information see: Personal Injury and Things You Need To Know About Your Auto Accident!
Whether your legal concern is relatively simple or very complex, let one of Rowland & Yauger‘s dedicated and experienced North Carolina personal injury attorneys begin working on a favorable resolution. We invite you to Contact us or call our office at 910-947-2280 or toll free at 910-722-9717 for a free consultation about your legal rights. If it is necessary for us to meet with you in your home or health care facility, we will be happy to make arrangements with you for that meeting.